Sunday, 31 January 2010

Waiting

Hi Everyone

I've had to discover a whole new level of patience since I got into this writing game. After working hard on a story, writing, tweaking, letting it rest and tweaking again (repeat countless times), you send off your little piece of yourself and then you have to wait. It's bad enough expecting criticism (even the helpful sort) but when you have to wait for it, it builds up into something terrifying in my mind.

It reminded me of when I dropped my children off at school/preschool in the early days, and you wait all day to hear how they get on. Only the wait for feedback for stories is so much longer than a day.

Anyway, by tomorrow I will hear about one contest entry. Oh, did I mention, the story I wrote for Reading Writers also made it through the second round of judging along with 42 others (there were a total of 388 entries)? I am so delighted with that. It was my favourite story that I have written to date when I first sent it off, but now even more so. I am also waiting to hear whether the story I submitted for '100 Stories For Haiti' will make it. As they received over 400 submissions, I doubt it, but I am happy to be helping to spread the word about the book. My piece for the book for Cancer Research has been accepted though. I was very pleased about that, as Cancer Research is a charity that I support wholeheartedly.

Anyway off I go, to wait a little longer!

Bye for now x

2 comments:

  1. Hiya!

    That's really encouraging, you should be dead proud having work accepted.
    Hope you get good news on your contest entry, will keep my fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh well done! fingers crossed for the other one

    ReplyDelete