Thursday, 5 August 2010

Short Story: A Deep Voice

I’ve been here a while. I like to observe.

Check her out: slim and brown, yet can’t seem to form an attachment. She’s too shallow by far.

Look at that hairy beast! Tries to approach people, but always dismissed with the flick of a hand.

As for her down there, she’s constantly hoping to rise to the top, but is too drippy to do so.

People zip past all day. Thinking perhaps?

I remain unnoticed despite my glowing personality. I’m looking for ‘The One’, and when I find them, I will stick to them like glue.

It’s lonely being a lump of snot, bobbing up and down in the pool.




15 comments:

  1. In case anyone is wondering, this was 'inspired' by my swim on Tuesday. I saw a elastoplast, some hair, hairbands and even my MC floating around. I had a long shower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grim but genius rofl - nice quick and to the point - great work

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent and I know exactly where you're coming from with this! I need a shower & I haven't even been in the public baths!

    marc nash

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oowwee. I was wondering where this story was going!! Those public pools are so inspirational aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a super flash. Delightful.

    Penny Goring @triplecherry

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's why I've grown out of my fondness for public swimming pools. This one was gross, but (I should probably say "and" instead of "but") very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woohoo! Disgusting! Like it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I canKt even look at a yellow and green landscape anymore now without having a FLASH-back to your story! ;-)...lol, very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha Ha, Brilliant. Very fast and very punchy. You've done a great job here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab stuff - makes me glad I never swim :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Eew, yuck, but so very accurate, and a really zippy piece of writing. I'll now go and unwrinkle my nose.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ewww!! Haha, that's why I prefer swimming in the sea to swimming pools :-D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ewww! I think it is hilarious and the sign of a true writer that you chose to personify the snot ball of all things. Nicely written.

    ReplyDelete