Friday, 24 September 2010

50 Stories for Pakistan

Today I heard that my story Listen has been selected as one of the stories to be included in '50 Stories for Pakistan'. This book is a project that was started by Greg McQueen who was also responsible for '100 Stories for Haiti'. Proceeds from sales of this book will go to the Red Cross Pakistan Floods Appeal and I am deeply honoured to have had my story selected for an anthology that will be raising money for such a worthy cause.

On a personal note, this is the first time that I have had something published on paper since my poem Images was published in 1986! For that reason alone I am delighted at the inclusion of my story.

I think you will agree that the cover of this book is stunning. I was ready to buy a copy on the strength of that alone. And now, because of my story being included, you'll be hearing a lot more about it from me as time goes on...

6 comments:

  1. Rebecca, Hi, I knew I recognised your name on the list, congrats and I'm thrilled to be on it too. Looking forward to buying it myself and a few extra copies. Christmas is sorted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Rebecca. Look forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats and glad I'm in there with you! I can't wait for it to be published. Greg is awesome for doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh I saw this on twitter. Congratulations! I love short story collections and will be buying a copy or three.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats!! and so glad to be here with you..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! And what a terrific cause!
    Will look forward to reading it.
    ;0)

    ReplyDelete