Monday, 1 November 2010

Ready? Steady? NaNoWriMo!

It's the first of November and as such people all over the world are going to begin writing furiously to try and write 50,000 words in a month. Some will have planned meticulously, others (like me) have a vague idea of the age group they are aiming at and maybe one story arc.

Whatever the situation, it's a case of *writing*. It doesn't all have to be grammatically correct, it doesn't even all have to make sense, it's about getting those words down.

Try to sit on your inner Editor and the urge to get every spelling right and every comma in the right place. This is not the time or place for that.

Good luck to everyone taking part! See you on the other side.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Rebecca,

    Thanks for your upbeat suggestions. Have started (500 words) but very piecemeal and haven't really let fly yet. But am reminding myself that every few words counts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy NaNoWriMo, Rebecca. I started my first challenge today. It is exciting. Will I say the same tomorrow? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Though I'm not doing NaNo, here's wishing you to break a leg (or finger in this case, heh?) :)

    ReplyDelete