Friday, 3 December 2010

Friday Flash: Project 247

They call me Robin but my real name is Project 247.

Every year Santa tells the children that he’s watching them all the time. But everyone knows that he can’t do that on his own. He has helpers.

Throughout the year I keep an eye on them all. Some of them think I’m tame and that I go close to them and look straight at them to be friendly. In reality it’s so that the video and sound links can be sent back to headquarters.

They feed me scraps, they take my photo, and some of them even say I am their favourite bird.

If only they knew.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you like this flash, you may well like my story about Santa's reindeer which is over on Tinsel Tales. This is a fun seasonal flash competition so you could also enter yourself!

I'd be very grateful for your comments and vote if you have an extra twenty seconds to give it a read xx

14 comments:

  1. Have to share this with my kids...SEE he is watching everywhere! Be good. Cute, fun story Rebecca!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, I saw one today when I was in the office carpark having a cigarette! Does that count as being bad....? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever Santa! My boys were just asking me how Santa could watch them all year. Now I have an answer...lol. Perfect Christmas flash!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! And I was just peering out at him a moment ago, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once the kids read this Santa can expect a rise in requests for BB guns!

    Cute Rebecca!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha! I am printing this out and sticking it on the fridge as a reminder. I love your little flashes, they are brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good one! So that's how he does it. I always wondered how it was possible.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is sweet Rebecca, though I have to tell you, it's a bit scary to me. I've always been frightened of birds, (thanks to the movie), though I love to look at them as long as there's glass between us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rebecca, my wife is a keen photographer, and only today she took a photo of the first robin in our garden. lovely story.

    PS, I just had to laugh at Harry's comment. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you all for the gorgeous comments on this story, I am so glad to see that a bit of light fun can be taken so well.

    Steve - we have Robins in our garden all year round. Which is probably where this came from ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a great story, very tightly told. So when a person says they know something because "a little bird told me", they must therefore be Santa Claus in disguise, right?

    ReplyDelete
  12. "He sees you when you're sleeping, he knows when you're awake"

    That always sounded just a little bit creepy, didn't it? And now we know why. Not only does he know if you've been bad or good, he can put the video up on YouTube! Clever concept and a nice, compact story.

    ReplyDelete
  13. He knows who's been naughty and who's been nice. How? A little bird told him!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute story, plus it explains a lot ;-)

    ReplyDelete