Saturday, 1 January 2011

Happy 2011!

If you are kind enough to be reading this on New Year's Day, thank you very much and I hope that you have a happy and healthy 2011.

2010 was a surprising year for me. I went from thinking about spending a bit more time writing at the beginning of the year, to being published in two anthologies and by a digital publisher by the end of the year. Now that a new year has started I am hoping to push on with my writing and continue to develop and improve my story-crafting abilities. I hope to write a lot more this year.

My other hopes for the year are of a more personal nature.
  • Firstly, as always, to enjoy every little step that each of my children take.
  • Secondly to turn 40 with dignity and not have a complete crisis about it. What is it about '40' anyway?
  • Thirdly to celebrate in style in October when we reach our 10th Wedding Anniversary.
I have a feeling it's going to be a GREAT year. I hope that it's a fantastic year for you too.

Thanks, as always, for reading my blog.
x X x

7 comments:

  1. HAPPY NEW YEAR BECS!!how could you ever turn 40 anything other than gracefully...
    thanks for your friendship !!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are both the same age, Rebecca! I also would have been hitting a 10th Wedding Anniversary, but that is now an impossibility. Lets hope that we both turn the big 40 with grace, yeah? Good luck with future writing endeavours. Have a good 2011. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year! What a great 2010 it was for you ... I turn 70 this year and hope I can do it with grace and elegance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Watching how hard you worked at your writing and getting it out there, your year wasn't so much of a surprise to me. You really deserved the success you had. I wish you much more to come in 2011 and look forward to watching you grow further as a writer.

    You'll turn 40 with grace and elegance, no problem. It was my best birthday ever and I am loving being in my 40's.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you much more success for 2011 Rebecca. You've got some sound foundations to build on. I've really enjoyed reading your work over the past few months. It's been a great pleasure to get to know you too. One of the nicest people I've met on-line. Onwards and upwards, I really hope this is your year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's not 40 you've got to worry about. 40 is a breeze. It's the ones that come after it that cause the problems!!! Happy new year and let's hope it's a good one for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Rebecca:

    Thank you for following me on Twitter! Your new year goals are very inspiring and doable. Best of luck to you.

    p.s. I'm sure 40 will be grand. :)

    ReplyDelete