Monday, 10 January 2011

My First Ever Author Interview

This Saturday I had another 'first' when an author interview was published on the Ether Books website. I hope I am not getting too big for my boots when I say that I hope this is the first of many interviews.


I felt like a bit of a dodgey salesperson when I was blogging about Ether in the past. It felt very odd to be talking about something that I couldn't actually see for myself, but not so now. Thanks to my gorgeous and very generous husband who bought me an iPod Touch at the end of December, I can now see the Ether App for myself at the flick of a finger.

I was interested in the idea of it all, but now that I have seen the app in action myself I am more impressed than I had expected to be, in all honesty. I have also downloaded rather a lot of stories. Whoops. I would like to recommend some of the stories that I have read and particularly liked:

Half-mown Lawn by Dan Powell
Tamagotchi by Adam Marek
A Lonely Life by Denyse Kirkby
A Fond Farewell by Trevor Belshaw
Diary of a Failed Erotic Novelist by Vanessa Lafaye
Red Bird by Ev Bishop 
Kissing the Pavement by Kay Beer


That's probably enough to keep you going for now, but needless to say there are a lot of very good reads available on the Ether App, and a lot of them are available to read for free. If you browse by genre there is even a very handy 'free' section set up. It's well worth taking a look at.

4 comments:

  1. It will definitely be the first interview of many!

    All the best,

    Bea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your first author interview! I'll try to track it down tonight (and like Bea, I think it's just the first of many).

    And thanks for recommending "Red Bird." Did you read it/like it? I'm so happy. :)

    ~Ev

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great start to 2011 - am envious of your gadgetry! Am thinking about submitting for the '50 stories for Queensland' - can you offer any advice, having been successful yourself in the 50 stories for Pakistan?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your comments. HCM - will be in contact. Ev, I *loved* red bird as it really made me think. And Bea, thanks for everything.

    ReplyDelete