|The Good Old Days: Me at 20|
Over the past couple of years, I have developed a love for flash fiction, so as a result I'd like to see flash fiction of 200 words or less, which must include one of the following phrases: 'It's only a number' or 'It's just another number'.
First prize will be £10 (or equivalent) plus a copy of one of the anthologies I've been involved with. (The winner can chose.)
Second prize will be a copy of one of the anthologies (as above).
Third prize will be a choice of a copy of either 'Yesterday' or 'Shambelurkling and Other Stories.'
Here's the obligatory list of rules:
1. E-mail your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org Your entry should be in word format. Please do not include your name on the word document itself.
2. Wordcount is 200 maximum including the title but not your name. There is no minimum wordcount.
3. Please only submit your own work. Previously blogged/published/adapted works are allowed, and copyright remains with the author at all times.
4.If you enter this competition, you agree that your entry may be published on my blog after the competition closes.
5. The competition is open to anyone, until the last timezone passes midnight on 20 April 2011.
6. Your entry will be disregarded if it does not include one of the following phrases: 'It's only a number' or 'It's just another number'.
7. Any genre is allowed.
8. Only one entry per person please.
9. Judging will be by a carefully selected panel of readers. Their decision will be final, whether I agree with them or not ;o)
10. I will acknowledge receipt of every entry. If you do not hear from me within 3 days of submission, please feel free to query.
You can find an update on the competition here.
I have today, set up a Facebook 'page'. I am going to use it as a place to record my publication news and also link to any stories that are out there on the internet.