Monday, 28 March 2011

News & Views

Hello! Somehow it feels like a good day today, which must be because of the sun showing it's face over the weekend. I always find January and February a bit of a struggle and embrace British Summer Time with open, hopeful arms.

BST started in a lovely way for me yesterday, not only a lovely day out with the family but when we returned home I discovered that the lovely Ether Books have released another one of my submissions. This one is a collection of 8 flash fiction stories, all very different in length and style, for a mere 59p. Please take a look if you have an iPhone or iPod Touch. There are loads of free stories on the App so you can actually get a lot of pleasure from it for absolutely nothing if you prefer. I've also set up a page to briefly describe all of my Ether content in one place. You can find the link for that at the top of this blog.

On Wednesday I am hosting Rachel Lyndhurst here on my blog. Rachel is one of my favourite debut novellists of recent years. If you like your hero tall, dark, handsome and scorching hot, you'd better visit my blog on Wednesday for a no-nonsense interview and giveaway of Storm's Heart. The champagne is on ice - you'll be more in need of the ice if you treat yourself to a read of this book!

Meanwhile I've started a new novel for adults which will be contemporary fiction. I just wish I could plug my brain into the computer as the characters are screaming at me to get out and the whole novel has formed in my head. But I will plod on in the traditional way!

I'm also a bit chuffed to be watching the anonymous voting on a contest which I entered with one of my flash fiction stories. There have been 12 votes so far and 7 of them are for my story. I've always had confidence issues with my writing, and think people are being 'kind' and probably laughing at me behind their hands, but when the voting is totally anonymous it's a massive confidence boost. I'd recommend this kind of contest to anyone who wants to know how their writing compares when it comes to the vote.

New Beginnings is almost completed. I hope to be able to announce a publication date shortly and then get on to organising a couple of events to celebrate it's publication. A question for anyone who reads this - would you want to come to Oxfordshire for a book launch and/or a more casual meet & greet in one of my favourite haunts? I'd be interested to know if there would be any willing victims attendees.

I think that's enough for one post - I really must go and do some writing and edits as well, so have a great week!

8 comments:

  1. How many of those spinach, pinenut and feta pasties do you think we're going to need, Rebecca? I'm getting sooooo excited now!
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite a few, I should imagine. I think you were put on the planet to make people drool, you know! Firstly with your blog and book, and now your cooking.

    I was thinking of asking for some meat pasties too, but frankly there's enough muscle in the book, don't you think?
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the successes and all the progress Rebecca!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is this the bit where I'm supposed to suggest some hot sausage rolls? *snigger*.
    Shameless ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to your novel for adults!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my word, I'm completely in awe! I've just started a new blog and have been hunting around in the bloggy world for other people's blogs that I feel might inspire me and teach me what to do in this scary new world... How long have you been blogging? And what came first, the blog or the writing career?

    I'll definitely be back!
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Simon and Sue!

    Helen, I started this blog in November 2009 which was exactly the same month that I was drafting my first novel during NaNoWriMo. So they came hand in hand! Thank you for your lovely comment, it made my day. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are having a busy year! Enjoy the extra daylight. We move our clocks the same to match you.

    I am glad you made a page for your Ether writings, it makes it easier to keep up with you.
    Happy Scribbling. :)

    ReplyDelete