Tuesday, 12 April 2011

It's Only A Number: Competition Update

When I set up my 'It's Only A Number' Flash Fiction Competition it was a bit of a joke which evolved from me feeling thoroughly underwhelmed about turning 40. As I wrote the post for it, I wondered if anyone would enter.

Here we are though, eight days until the deadline (which is midnight on 20th - my actual birthday) and to date I have 25 entries, which is such a lovely surprise.

Because of the amount of entries, I have decided to have a two stage judging process. First of all my judges (who are all avid readers but not writers themselves) will read the entries and select their favourite ten. From this feedback I will work out a shortlist.

We will then decide on the winners from the shortlist. There will be at least four judges for each round.

I've also decided to add a third prize to the list on the competition page.

Thank you to everyone who has entered or spread the word about this competition. It really is making me feel very excited about my birthday!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update - exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The competition is now closed and the judging process will begin shortly.

    ReplyDelete