Saturday, 2 April 2011

Yesterday: An Anthology


I've not had much luck with writing competitions. The odd long-listing, the occasional win. I don't enter that many but one of the best 'sorry you've not made it' emails I have received was from Marit Meredith who is responsible for The Pages Magazine and the related Annual Short Story and Poetry competition.

When a co-ordinator of a competition says you haven't made the top rankings but there's going to be an anthology published, it's a lovely feeling, despite not winning.

Today, the anthology has been published and you can see it for yourself on the Lulu website. It's available to download for 99p or as a paperback for £2.50 and it's being sold in aid of Ty Hafan Children's Hospice, Wales, UK. (Little bit of trivia, this is a charity that John Barrowman actively supports.)

My short story is called 'Ben' and it's a YA story.

6 comments:

  1. How lovely. Something positive from a negative! I will treat myself to a download. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ty Hafan is wonderful. We do a lot of fund-raising for them. Thanks for raising awareness about the anthology, Rebecca!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...and congratulations for being included in the anthology, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Rebecca - great news.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really great news. I shall download it now onto my Kindle.

    Well done, CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Scrap that last comment, I've just bought it in paperback from Lulu!!

    Thanks, CJ xx

    ReplyDelete