Friday, 6 May 2011

It's Only A Number: The Aftermath

Setting up a competition, I thought would be fun. I thought perhaps, a couple of people may enter it.

I was bowled over by everyone's reaction. Not just the word-spreading, of which there must have been a lot as checking my stats today I discovered the initial competition blog post has had nearly 800 viewings in total to date.

I was so impressed with the support shown to the writers not least by other writers. When I published the shortlist, a number of people who hadn't made it were the first to congratulate those who had.

I was delighted by the excited tweets I received and the feedback I was sent was wonderful - especially by those who said I should host another competition which I definitely will at some point.

But when it comes to the top three, there were three lovely winners, it has to be said.

In 3rd place, Simon said he'd happily receive an eBook. Simple, and I was grateful for the lack of trip to the Post Office!

In 2nd place, when I asked Aaron which book he'd like his answer was he'd prefer the book that contained the story of mine I like the most. What a lovely answer! (I'm sending him Nothing But Flowers.)

And in 1st place was Anthony who has just told me to donate the prize money to a charity of my choice. I have made a donation to the fund supporting Steven Harris who is recovering from a very serious car accident. I don't know Steven personally but I have been following Steven's progress since the accident, if any of you would like more information about him, please do let me know.

Three cheers for my top three! And if you haven't done so already, please do read their stories and leave a comment if you like them.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rebecca,

    The contest was great fun.

    The top six entries were fabulous.

    My favorite was Anthony's story - brillianet.

    I'm glad the aftermath was so sweet - sweet in the beginning, the middle and the end.



    Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's great that competitions of this kind bring people together. Writers are all in the same boat and we should only encourage each other. Well done on the contest, Rebecca.

    CJ xx

    ReplyDelete