Friday, 27 May 2011

New Beginnings - Proofs, Paperbacks and Freebies

Hi everyone

Almost ready!
It's been a while since I posted, but that's for a good reason. I was gearing myself up to read through the proofs of my book. I hadn't sat and read it all the way through for a very long time, and I can't remember the last time I read it through on paper. So it felt like a new read all over again, and I did enjoy it. I guess that's a good thing.

The amazing thing is, despite the official publication month being January 2012, I will have copies in my hands earlier than that, and possibly even by July. I am very exciting about holding the actual book in my hand. I have got such a thrill from seeing the anthologies I have been involved with in print, I have no idea how I will react when I see a box full of books with my name on the front. Perhaps I should warn the locals.

After I finished reading it through yesterday, I wanted to say thank you to everyone who has been so supportive in recent months. If it wasn't for my online network of friends I wouldn't be in this position now, it's as simple as that. I decided to have a giveaway, and this will remain open until I hold the paperback copies in my hand.

When I have my copies, I will see how many people have clicked 'like' on my Facebook Page and if it's over 200 I will pick one of the people following at random to receive a free signed copy.

Thank you so very much.

3 comments:

  1. This is incredibly generous of you, Rebecca. And a massive congratulations on having the book published.

    Have a lovely weekend, CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool for you! Congrats on the book, you deserve to do a dance in your undies or womething for that:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant. Congratulations, Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete