Wednesday, 13 July 2011

Things That Make Me Want To Cartwheel

New Beginnings in The Wallingford Bookshop
Hello everyone

Well it's been so much fun in the past few weeks, sending my book on its way to various friends and strangers around the world, getting my first few Amazon ratings which have all been very lovely so far, thinking about my first book signing event, which the local press have asked for more information about (eek!). The only thing missing from the preparation now is a large enough paper bag to fit right over my head, so I may just have to go without which is very, very scary.

Today I saw my Aunt and Uncle who have always been very supportive about my writing. They bought four copies (four!!) of New Beginnings, and a copy of Shambelurkling and Other Stories, which was very lovely of them. They also said they will be ordering Nothing But Flowers via Amazon. Bless them.
Nothing But Flowers in The Wallingford Bookshop

Straight after that I went to one of my favourite local independent book shops, The Wallingford Bookshop and discovered New Beginnings and Nothing But Flowers on display face-out, so of course I had to take some photos. Yes, the books were actually on display exactly as you can see, I didn't fiddle about with them or anything. Such a lovely morning!

3 comments:

  1. That must be the best feeling in the world. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't you want to stop random passers by and say 'I wrote that'? Or is that just my fantasy? :)

    ReplyDelete