Sunday, 24 July 2011

Troubled Teens, Edits and More

"I just can't believe he did that," she says to me.
"I know, I know."
"Help me, will you?"
"Not just yet... I have things to do first."
"But it's not fair. I need your help. I need it now."

And so she continues. The troubled teen won't let up, even though we all know it's school holiday time the schools are shut for the summer and I have three little ones to keep entertained.

It's no matter to her that I'm editing my second book, have plans for a third and she's only going to be at the top of the list after that. Yes, this teenager is the main character from what is fondly known as "Book 4" at present, and she will NOT be quiet! Aaagh!!

Anyway, it's good to have these clear voices. It's when they stop talking to me I'll really be complaining.

I have self-edited When Dreams Come True once so it's almost ready for my beta readers. I'm both excited and nervous to see what they say about it, especially knowing they have all read New Beginnings and how will it compare. While I brace myself to send it off, here's a wordle created from the manuscript itself.


How clever is that? (If you want to create one yourself, you can do so here on the Wordle website.)


Don't forget I am over on Emma Kerry's blog where you will find an interview as well as a book giveaway. Please do leave a comment to be in the hat!

3 comments:

  1. I don't know how I managed to miss that interview, since I follow both you and Kerry but never mind, found it now :)

    Thanks for the peek into your life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a tantalising preview -- I could spend ages staring at Wordle clouds... You sound very productive, anyway -- good luck with the edits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Sarah and Martha. I've had some lovely feedback so far which is very encouraging.

    ReplyDelete