Tuesday, 30 August 2011

Radio, Magazines and an extract from When Dreams Come True

Hi everyone

I have been away for a couple of days but I wanted to share a couple of things that happened yesterday. First of all, I was catching up on reading my copies of Writers' Forum magazine, which I subscribe to but rarely have time to read at home. I started on the June issue (I was on a sun lounger near a jacuzzi, if I need to set the scene!) and I came to an article about Writing Competitions by the lovely Sally Quilford. I had to read a certain paragraph three times before it sunk it, as Sally quoted me in it. It was ironic really, as about five minutes earlier, I was thinking 'wow it must be so amazing to see your name in this magazine'.

I then took myself off to find a part of the spa which had wifi (believe me they are limited) to send hubby a note about this. As soon as the wifi connected I received an email from him saying Radio Oxford had been in contact to invite me onto another show this morning (to discuss 'Back To School' shopping!). I had to decline as my children are all here and it's lucky I did really as just at the time I would have been on, they started scrapping with each other in a "right you're back, we want your attention" sort of way. But it was lovely to be asked.

While I was away I received some lovely reviews for New Beginnings on Amazon, which made my day on Sunday. Thank you to lovely Talli and Anne.

And finally, I have added a new page to my blog today. It's an extract from my second book, When Dreams Come True. I'd love to know what you think; feel free to let me know by commenting on this post or via the "contact" form.

Thanks for reading xx


9 comments:

  1. Just read your extract.Its amazing how you can write as the young person telling the story.I used to read my daughter's books when she was younger,Anne Fine, sweet valley books and the babysitters books and yours are every bit as good if not better.It brought back memories of my school days and how we fancied a boy for a few days until someone else caught our eye, so fickle!
    Can't wait to read what happens next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read your novel yet but it sounds lovely and congratulations on moving ahead so efficiently with three small kids! I found mine have slowed down my energy greatly over the years although now they seem to understand I need my creative space too! Not easy to juggle all.
    Best wishes for continued writing success,
    ciao catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you've got it all going on!

    I like the extract, you've set up a whole lot of trouble :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all so much for the lovely comments, I really appreciate your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to read a blog from someone who is comfortable with how things are! Just having a good time - and sharing it! Fab.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is awesome! I would be so excited. Seriously giddy!
    I'm happy for you Rebecca :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just stopping by to say hi to a fellow campaigner.

    Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, fellow campaigner! I'm not in your group, but I still wanted to check out your blog and say, "HI!"

    I read your prologue. Interesting start. Makes me wonder what's going on with her dreams. :)

    ReplyDelete