Please do go and visit Rosalind!
As a result I have to share 10 random facts about me. I will try and make them things that I haven't ever said on my blog before, and I'll try to make them vaguely interesting.
1. I am 5ft 10 and was always the tallest in my class at school. For several years, my husband tried to convince me I was actually 5ft 9. He failed. (He is 5ft 6.)
2. I love being near the sea. It doesn't matter what the weather is like; I like stormy crashing waves as much as a glistening blue ocean on a sunny day.
3. I have several long standing friendships that have lasted decades. Some of these friends I can go for a year at a time without seeing, but when we get together we click back into how we always were. I think of them all the time, even when we don't meet up or speak very often.
4. When I was a child I was a tomboy and wanted to be Spiderman. I was deeply traumatised when I put on a Spiderman costume and STILL couldn't climb up walls.
5. I have never curled or coloured my hair. I hated the colour of it until Pretty Woman came out and suddenly I loved it (and Julia Roberts).
6. I have never read any Harry Potter or Twilight books. I know! I lost interest in vampires after Interview with a Vampire (and the series that followed). Remember that?
7. I love swimming, and find being in water relaxing and soothing (this may be related to point 2). I gave birth to all three of my children in a birthing pool, which was a wonderful experience.
8. I have a high pain threshold (also linked to 7).
9. I love the theatre, especially musicals. I love the soundtracks from them too. Some shows I have seen up to four times, way back when I had more time.
10. I have never been happier in my life than I have been in 2011. Holding my novel and anthologies in my hands, as well as having a wonderful family and friends makes me feel very contented.
So now I have to tag some other bloggers.
I would like to say to them, don't worry if you don't have time to do this. :o)
Alison Wells at Head Above Water
Kathryn Brown at Crystal Jigsaw
Lesley Galston at Lesley Galston's Passions aka Sloanwriter
Rebecca E Brown at My Little Notepad
Emma Kerry at Emma Kerry's Notebook