Wednesday, 7 September 2011

10 Random Things About Me


I have been tagged by Rosalind Adam, via her wonderful blog Rosalind Adam is writing in the rain.

Please do go and visit Rosalind!

As a result I have to share 10 random facts about me. I will try and make them things that I haven't ever said on my blog before, and I'll try to make them vaguely interesting.



1. I am 5ft 10 and was always the tallest in my class at school. For several years, my husband tried to convince me I was actually 5ft 9. He failed. (He is 5ft 6.)

2. I love being near the sea. It doesn't matter what the weather is like; I like stormy crashing waves as much as a glistening blue ocean on a sunny day.

3. I have several long standing friendships that have lasted decades. Some of these friends I can go for a year at a time without seeing, but when we get together we click back into how we always were. I think of them all the time, even when we don't meet up or speak very often.

4. When I was a child I was a tomboy and wanted to be Spiderman. I was deeply traumatised when I put on a Spiderman costume and STILL couldn't climb up walls.

5. I have never curled or coloured my hair. I hated the colour of it until Pretty Woman came out and suddenly I loved it (and Julia Roberts).

6. I have never read any Harry Potter or Twilight books. I know! I lost interest in vampires after Interview with a Vampire (and the series that followed). Remember that?

7. I love swimming, and find being in water relaxing and soothing (this may be related to point 2). I gave birth to all three of my children in a birthing pool, which was a wonderful experience.

8. I have a high pain threshold (also linked to 7).

9. I love the theatre, especially musicals. I love the soundtracks from them too. Some shows I have seen up to four times, way back when I had more time.

10. I have never been happier in my life than I have been in 2011. Holding my novel and anthologies in my hands, as well as having a wonderful family and friends makes me feel very contented.



So now I have to tag some other bloggers.
I would like to say to them, don't worry if you don't have time to do this. :o)

Alison Wells  at Head Above Water
Kathryn Brown at Crystal Jigsaw
Lesley Galston at Lesley Galston's Passions aka Sloanwriter
Rebecca E Brown at My Little Notepad
and
Emma Kerry at Emma Kerry's Notebook






16 comments:

  1. I love finding things out about the writers I follow, that has nothing to do with writing. I guess I'm just nosy :-)

    My favourite fact about you is, of course, number ten.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kind words and link. I love the sea too but I'm not very good at swimming. Wish I was... but musical theatre! Now you're talking! It's the only kind of outing that's guaranteed to raise my spirits and give me a 'feel good factor' that lasts for days. We saw the Jersey Boys last time we went to London. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Musical theatre is my favourite too, I can't sing a note but always imagine I am on the stage singing with them. 10 interesting things Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love swimming, too, though I couldn't give birth in water!!

    Thank you for the tag. You might need to bear with me, I've just started writing my next ms.

    CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was fun. What musicals do you like? I listened to musicals all day yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rebecca,

    This is a great way of finding out interesting little things about fellow writers, bloggers, or tweeps.

    I was sorry to learn you don't like vampires any more, what a shame... :) I'd be interested to know what changed your mind?

    I'm also partial to soundtracks from the musicals, as well as films, I like to write with something playing in the background. Hans Zimmer's Dark Knight or Pearl Harbour themes are my favourites at the moment.

    Good post, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks all for the comments. I am so glad that so many of you like musicals as well. That makes me very happy. Jaye, I like so many but some of my favourite soundtracks are from The Fix, Miss Saigon, Blood Brothers and Starlight Express. I only saw The Fix once as it only ran for a short while, but the other 3 I have seen at least 3 times each. Love, love, love.

    Maria, it's not so much I don't *like* vampires, I absolutely loved the Anne Rice books and bought a lot of her books after 'Interview With A Vampire'. It's more that when anything becomes mainstream I get a bit bored of it, I think. I guess fantasy is my least favourite genre if I am honest. And I like most genres.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you're a giantess (Hey, I'm only five feet tall, so you are to me :).

    Cool facts. I'm glad you've had a good 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting set of facts! I'm enjoying this meme - it's great to 'fill out' the people you know online a bit more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post, really nice to get to know you a little better :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for commenting on my blog. I'm really interested to see that you're a children's writer, because I've just written a post on how teaching "comprehension" at school when children are early readers seems designed to stifle their response to the written word. It seems all about getting the correct answer, rather than entering into the story. I'd be interested to know what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I also love the ocean. It's the one thing in nature I really miss here in Colorado (that and lightning bugs). I definitely love musicals, as well, but still haven't had the chance to see Phantom. Wicked is awesome, if you haven't seen it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm with you on number 2 that's for sure! Just popped by to say that N3S pleads with me to keep reading to him from New Beginings every evening. It sure is touching something deep inside him. You are a wonderful writer.

    ReplyDelete
  14. haha my guy is also 5'6" but he loves short girls - lucky for me! I'm typical Asian girl height - barely 5'2"!

    Nice to meet you from the Campaign - new follower here!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Rebecca, I'm another campaigner making it around to your blog ;)

    I hear you on #3, I've got a few friends like that too! It's always such a neat experience to reconnect with them.

    #5 - The worst thing I have ever done to my hair is a flat iron, and I don't think that I can ever dye it! I don't want to ruin it :D.

    #7 - Oooh, I'd love to chat with you sometime about water birthing, but no rush, I'm not pregnant right now :). It's just something I've always found fascinating!

    ReplyDelete