Wednesday, 14 September 2011

Watching Willow Watts by Talli Roland

Talli Roland's second novel is launching to Kindle today in a rather spectacular way. Talli is having an online launch party and asking everyone to come dressed as someone they'd really like to be.

The only thing is, I've always been useless at fancy dress, but more than that I have actually been thinking a lot about the sentence Talli has asked us to finish: "If I could be anyone, I'd be..."  and as crazy as it sounds, the answer would be... me. I actually don't have any desire to be anyone else. So I've just popped by to say congrats anyway.

I hope Talli will forgive me. I'll just quietly put some fine red wine and home made cheese straws on the table for later and tell you about the author and the book.

Watching Willow Watts - The Author 
Talli Roland is one of those people you will never forget once you meet her. She's slim, she's beautiful, she has a gorgeous Canadian accent and she says "awesome" a lot. She is adorable, quite honestly. But the thing I notice most about Talli as a writer is the way she creates her presence around the social networks, befriending people who she connects with and being incredibly supportive. She really is a very lovely lady and if you don't do so already I urge you to connect with her online. 
(Am I forgiven for not dressing up now? xx)

Watching Willow Watts - The Blurb
For Willow Watts, life has settled into a predictably dull routine: days behind the counter at her father's antique shop and nights watching TV, as the pension-aged residents of Britain's Ugliest Village bed down for yet another early night. But everything changes when a YouTube video of Willow's epically embarrassing Marilyn Monroe impersonation gets millions of hits after a viewer spots Marilyn's ghostly image in a frame.

Instantly, Willow's town is overrun with fans flocking to see the 'new Marilyn'. Egged on by the villagers -- whose shops and businesses are cashing in -- Willow embraces her new identity, dying her hair platinum and ramming herself full of cakes to achieve Marilyn's legendary curves.

But when a former flame returns seeking the old Willow, Willow must decide: can she risk her stardom and her village's newfound fortune on love, or is being Marilyn her ticket to happiness?




Talli, I hope you have a wonderful day today, as Watching Willow Watts launches to Kindle. 
I must go now, I have a book to read.


You can buy the book for your Kindle on Amazon.com or on Amazon.co.uk 

Talli's blog is here.
Follow Talli on Twitter here.
Like Talli on Facebook here.


18 comments:

  1. I think it's fantastic you would be you, Rebecca! Now, where are those cheese straws... :)

    Thanks so much for taking part! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Homemade cheese straws! Lemme at 'em!XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh lovely! And I'll take some of those cheese straws right NOW. Have a fab day! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    Happy you! Have a lovely day. ;)

    best
    F

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love cheese straws, and I think it's lovely that you want to be you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rebecca,
    Just stopping by to congratulate you on winning the Versatile Blogger Award. See my blog for details and Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you chose to be you! That's fabulous... I think that's really bold and shows how wonderful and confident of a person you are!!!

    I love Talli and saw you joined in on the fun so I had to stop in and check it out! I look forward to reading future posts! So nice to meet a fellow blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to Talli! And glad to have discovered your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know what they say about great minds thinking alike! I've just posted a comment onto Talli's blog saying pretty much the same thing. Everyone I tried thinking of had issues and problems in their lives. I'd rather stick with the problems I know!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think your answer is a fantastic one - probably the best answer possible!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Finally climbed off the table! Heard there was food and drink at your party, Rebecca.

    Being you is a GREAT thing to be! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Erm...cheese straws? Love them! Great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Squizz says he totally understands why you'd want to stay being YOU, as all the best squirrels, erm, people do. I think it's pretty cool that you can't think of anyone you'd rather be.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Being you is a wonderful person to be.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pass the wine please so I can toast you being you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I forget who said it, but I've always loved the quote that goes something like this:
    "Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else."
    And the ever classic (for good reason): "Be yourself for everyone else is taken."
    Anyway, yay to being you. :)

    And YAY for Talli! She IS delightful. :) I wish her and Willow great success on their continued journey.
    Also, I love wine o'clock (nod to Talli) and I LOVE cheese straws.

    Have a lovely weekend,
    Lola
    PS I'm your newest follower and fellow campaigner. *waves* :)

    ReplyDelete