Monday, 28 November 2011

My Self-Publishing Adventures: Part 3: Lulu

Uploading my collection of short stories to Lulu was the upload I had the most fun with. I loved the part when you could fiddle about with the prices, I loved flicking through the "book" online and being able to see what it would look like on paper, and I loved creating the cover in their wizard as well. There really was some wizardry going on as the whole process on Lulu was simple and fun... and they even give you a voucher for a free proof copy too.

I'm waiting for my proof copy and then I'll check it through. If everything is ok I'll then be able to click on the "approve" button and then Lulu will very kindly make my book available to buy from not only their own shop but also many different places online as I have got myself an ISBN from them for absolutely free and that means they will make it available on Amazon as well as various other places.

I will, of course, let you know when it is available in paperback!

Exciting posts to come later this week; interviews with my editor and cover designer.

As always, thanks for reading.  x X x


Click here to read the next post in this series, all about the edit for this collection.

3 comments:

  1. I have been following your posts via my google feed. Just dropped in to say good luck with the new book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Glynis! I hope you are well xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Catching up on blogs posts after a few days off. Glad to see that your self-publishing adventure is going so well :-)

    ReplyDelete