Wednesday, 16 November 2011

NaNoWriMo - The Second Half

Today is day 16 of NaNoWriMo, meaning participants should be over 25,000 words and on the downhill stretch towards the end of the month.

Ok.

Well, as you can see from this screen shot from my own profile on the NaNoWriMo site, real life has got in the way in recent days. I have some catching up to do.


Taken from the NaNoWriMo.org website
Last year, I finished - or rather stopped taking part - on day 19 at 27k words.

I hope to push through this year and make it to the end. But we shall see.

I have plans for next week. Several writing sprints, with the possibility of a visit from a crack team of cleaners and an extra session for the 4yo at pre-school. I will see how I am doing before booking either of those, but they would be two ways of making more time for my writing at least. It's nice to have back-up plans!

Did I mention I am also writing two books at the same time? At the risk of disappointing some of my younger readers, the one I have written the most of is the book for adults. I'm enjoying it a lot. But not enough to be ahead or even on target, it seems.

NaNoWriMo is a marathon, not a sprint, and sometimes when you run long distance you slow your pace for a while and then pick it up again.  I intend to pick my pace up as from today.

Thanks for reading xx

7 comments:

  1. I think it's really easy at this point to feel it all running away from you. I'm just about on target but I know I was way behind at points last year. I think the main thing is to use it to write something, even if we don't get to the finish line, but knowing you, given a few clear spaces you will motor forwards again. November is actually a madly busy month, even all the Christmas stuff is revving up. It becomes clear just how much time we do have (not much) so whatever we can do is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Rebecca, you're doing great so far - If you catch up, that'll be great. And if you don't, it doesn't matter because you've still written a ton of words :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Impressive stuff! No matter what Nanowrimo's chart says, you are doing an awesome job x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Rebecca, you aren't that far off the target of 25k. Even if you don't get to 50k at least you will have a chunk of words there already done.

    I'm at 21k words so have some catching up to do too also so will be visiting my local library on Saturday and typing at a ridiculous pace!

    Good luck and you can do it!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know life has caught up to me too. I've never done NaNo before so I didn't know what to expect. I honestly probably won't write 50k words but, at least I'm still writing!

    Good luck and you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for the lovely comments. I have managed to write quite a lot today, so I am pleased about that. I haven't caught up... yet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I leveled off a little this past week when i hit a bit of a slump, which got my enthusiasm drooping. It didn't take me too long to find a post about an enthusiastic NaNo'er and I pushed very hard to get to 33K today.
    Good luck Rebecca!

    ReplyDelete