Thursday, 15 December 2011

Launch of A Knowing Look and Other Stories


Today is an exciting day for me as I am finally able to launch my collection of short stories, A Knowing Look and Other Stories which I have been blogging about in my Self-Publishing Adventures  series over the past few weeks.

I am delighted to now have the book available in all formats. It's been a really interesting experience to go through all of the processes involved, and given me confidence should I decide to do so again in future.

Anyone for a glass of fizz?
A Knowing Look and Other Stories contains eighteen short stories which have had a big impact on me in the past two years, either being placed in competitions, having been published or simply because the emotion behind the writing was so intense. I hope you will enjoy them if you decide to read them; they are quite a mixed bunch so I would be delighted to hear from you if you have a favourite.

Surprises for someone
I am going to give away a mystery prize to one person at the end of today, so if you tweet (using the hashtag #aknowinglook), mention on Facebook or elsewhere online, or even tell your mum/friend/postman about this collection please leave me a message in the comments section under this post and I will enter your name into a hat. I'm not going to tell you what the prize is just yet but it will make a nice Christmas present for someone and will definitely include at least one book related item and a tasty treat.

Thanks for joining me here today  x



A Knowing Look and Other Stories is on Goodreads here.


A Knowing Look and Other Stories can be purchased from the following places online:

Amazon.co.uk (Kindle)
Amazon.com (Kindle)
Smashwords (All E formats)
Lulu (Paperback)
Or directly from me via the panel on the right of this blog (until the paperback appears online in Amazon, B&N etc)


16 comments:

  1. Congratulations Rebecca. I'll be adding this one to the list to grab after the Christmas bills are paid :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just tweeted about A Knowing Look. :D https://twitter.com/#!/DazedPuckBunny/status/147260425707323392 I didn't use the hashtag tho. Woops! Does it still count as an entry?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most definitely, thank you very much Cee! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rebecca, Well done, I have it on kindle have just read a few so far but the Story, A knowing look will be very hard to beat but I'll let you know. Hope it zooms up the Amazon charts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cassam, thanks for your comment. I am so glad you enjoyed 'A Knowing Look' that story consumed me for a day or so, I couldn't concentrate on anything until I wrote it out. Plus, who doesn't love elephants? It was naturally going to be the title story for my collection.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done Rebecca - I have done a linky thing on Facebook for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Rebecca, congratulations! How exciting for you! Good luck. Already have it on my Kindle waiting for consumption!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Rebecca! Congratulations! And thanks so much for sharing your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shared and tweeted - Love Sarah England xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations, Rebecca! (Nice fizz btw). Here's to a happy and successful launch! (I've shared it too.)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! Enjoy your bubbles! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Best wishes on this great achievement!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on you book launch!! Best wishes :)

    ReplyDelete