Wednesday, 14 December 2011

Wish I Was Here...

The view just above my laptop
Today I am taking part in an online party to celebrate the launch of Janice Horton's new e-book Reaching For The Stars. In the book, the main character, Chef Finn McDuff disappears on a self-imposed exile, so we are all sharing our dream escape locations!

This was a no-brainer for me, as you will see from the very rubbish photo, I have two of my favourite places right in front of my desk at all times. They are Champneys in Tring and Formentor beach in Mallorca, both of which I love rather a lot. If I'm ever having a stressful moment I shut my eyes and imagine the blue seas or the pampering you get at a spa... bliss!

  

The full blurb for the book follows below:
Scottish celebrity chef Finn McDuff is media stalked and disillusioned after winning his third star and losing his third wife. He decides he’s had enough of all the food campaigns, the TV cookery shows, the constant frenzy surrounding his private life and, after giving up all his accolades and closing down his restaurant, he disappears.

With the enfant terrible of the kitchen missing, two rival newspapers, having lost their media meal ticket, compete against each other to whip up further public curiosity in the missing chef. Love him or hate him, everyone is out looking for Chef McDuff. Who will find him first and whose side will you be on...?


You can find Reaching For The Stars on Amazon.co.uk or Amazon.com

If you would like to join me in congratulating Janice on her book launch, please visit her blog here.

Congrats, Janice!






7 comments:

  1. Ooh Champneys - lovely, I've been to the Forest Mere one a few times. Mallorca looks appealing too - perhaps we can combine the two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blue sea? Spas? Massages? All my favourite things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They both sound like lovely places to be! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Champney's or Mallorca. Difficult choice. No contest really, I'm greedy. Both please. Now why haven't Champney's got a place on Mallorca? That would be brill!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A day or two at a spa would be lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh I love to spa too! I have been to Stobo Castle in Scotland's Borders for a day of pampering - and it was fantastic!

    Although, I have to say the most enjoyable was a double Thai full body massage - i.e. my husband and I were both massaged at the same time by two very tiny but very strong Thai women - and it was under the cover of palm trees while it was raining warm rain. It was surreal!

    One of the most amazing things about today is that I've visited so many fabulous 'Wish I Was Here...' blogs and not one has been duplicated. Yours is the only one to have a spa!
    A perfect 'Wish I Was Here..'
    Love, Janice xx

    ReplyDelete