Monday, 26 March 2012

Lucky Seven: When Dreams Come True


 I was was tagged by Tom Gillespie for a Lucky Seven Excerpt.


The rules are simple:
1. Go to page 77 in your current manuscript
2. Go to line 7
3. Copy down the next seven lines as they are – no cheating
4. Tag 7 other authors (Done on Facebook)


So, this is my extract from When Dreams Come True, which is due for release this summer.



"While I sit and drift off into my imagination, my phone buzzes again.
It's Allie: Bumped into Jack. He asked if we wanted 2 meet him at the cinema later today.
My pulse quickens instantly. I feel a bit sick actually.
What did u say? I reply.
I said ur away, & he asked if I want 2 go anyway. You don’t mind do u?"


 So what do you think? Will our protagonist mind? Tricky question, eh?

8 comments:

  1. I think that maybe she would mind, even if she doesn't really know it herself yet! Sick feeling = liking? Rather like butterflies in the stomach? Even if she does mind I wonder if she'd be able to able to say that to her friend. Yes, very tricky!

    What a great little excerpt, intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great game isn't it? There's so much revealed about plot and character in just 7 lines.. Great teaser-can't wait to read all the other lines!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great teaser R.. It's a brilliant game isn't it? So much of character and plot is revealed in only 7 lines.. Can't wait to read what comes before and after your lucky 7.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for tagging me originally, Tom, it's fun to read all the other excerpts out there too.

      Delete
  4. Great teaser R.. It's a brilliant game isn't it? So much of character and plot is revealed in only 7 lines.. Can't wait to read what comes before and after your lucky 7.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting! Not up to page 77 yet, but it looks like fun...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm... I'm thinking she would mind.
    Such a great meme for teasers, glad you shared!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, she'll mind--but because it seems lame and insecureto say so, she'll say she doesn't. :)

    Great excerpt! I'm so glad you played--and I'm sorry I didn't realize you already had when I tagged you. I frequent your blog, but obviously missed this week.

    ReplyDelete