Monday, 18 June 2012

Launch and My Review of Lies Love Tells by Gina Dickerson


Today I am joining in with the launch party for Lies Love Tells by Gina Dickerson; an author I have only recently connected with online, but I am very glad I have done so.

Gina Dickerson's official bio says she lives by the Thanet coast with her family and Siberian husky. Besides writing, Gina loves vintage shopping, scoffing crisps with cheese (sometimes accompanied by a glass of sparkling wine), de-fluffing her dog, and buying new shoes. She has had short stories and poetry published in collections. Lies Love Tells is her first novel.

My copy!
What the bio doesn't tell you is that Gina is a very lovely person and I know this because I have a signed copy of Lies Love Tells which I will cherish. I think you will agree it is an eye-catching book but I have to be honest I am not a massive fan of pink (my daughter is totally the opposite and homes in on this book whenever she spots it!). However, do not let the colour put you off if you are like me! This book is a page-turner to the point where I was standing in the kitchen stirring food on the hob and reading it at the same time. It has some really funny parts in it, and kept me guessing right until the end. I was very impressed - and to be honest much more so than I had expected.

The book will appeal to any of you who have a blog because it's set out in the format of blog posts and some of those posts have the sort of comments we all get every now and then, from Internet Trolls. These are the things that made me laugh out loud. In fact one day I was sitting in my car just before the school run, reading a few pages, and I laughed so manically that one of the parents who was walking down the road turned around and looked at me as if I had lost the plot.

The book went straight onto my Favourites read in 2012 list, and I also want to read it again, which shows how good it is.


I will be interviewing Gina here on my blog in the next week or so.


Lies Love Tells:

Saze Monnivan thinks Mr Him is not being completely honest with her. Fingers of suspicion tap at her, telling her that he’s not vanishing night after night to guzzle alcohol with his friend, Mr Dry, who appears to hate Saze. She pours her emotions into her blog diary and her real life takes a sharp turn, spiralling her into unknown territory, giving her the courage to stand up to Mr Him. Unfortunately Mr Him’s not the only person Saze needs to be afraid of. Something awful is happening to young women in the town and their lives are being extinguished frighteningly early.  

As Saze’s life peaks and falls spectacularly and her blog attracts interest, comments, and trolls, she can’t help wondering if her followers exist only in the virtual or whether she needs to be looking over her shoulder. 

Is Saze foolish to trust new faces, will she ever survive the madness she is inadvertently drawn into, and will she find the love she craves?

 
Gina Dickerson

Where to buy Lies Love Tells

Connect with Gina Dickerson on:
#LiesLoveTells


4 comments:

  1. I accidentally deleted - whoops!

    Thank you so much for this wonderful review, Rebecca! It made me laugh and smile all at the same time. I am super pleased you enjoyed the read. Thanks for your fab support!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds intriguing. You know you've arrived when you've been trolled!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment, Tara! Trolls = bleurgh!

      Delete
  3. I love pink!It is the perfect background for the book.Great review!

    ReplyDelete