Wednesday, 17 October 2012

The Next Big Thing

If you are a writer with a blog and would like to be tagged, I have 2 spaces left so please get in touch and I will tag you immediately!

Jack Barrow tagged me in The Next Big Thing Blog meme, which is a self-interview with ten questions, to be answered in a blog post.

So here are my brief answers to the questions, a bit rushed so I will type the first thing that comes into my head because I have been incredibly busy and am writing this very late in the day.



What is the working title of your book?
A Listening Ear

Where did the idea come from for the book?
A friend of mine was telling me some interesting snippets about her life and she said there must be a book in her experiences. She said she didn't have the time to write though, so I asked her if she'd mind if I kind of fictionalised her as my main character. Luckily she said yes.

What genre does your book fall under?
Contemporary womens fiction.

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
Obviously all the really stunning ones: Hugh Jackman, Henry Cavill, Jason Statham, ha ha ha. Real answer: I have no idea as there are loads of characters in this, and they are not all written yet.

What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
When you're a good listener you hear about everyone else's stories...  and somehow a lot of them intertwine.  (I don't have a proper synopsis yet!)


Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
In my dream world this will be my big break, represented by a huge agency who lands me a contract with a huge international publisher and then Hollywood will come calling.

We shall see.  

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
I started it in November 2011. And I'm not done yet. So it's taking a huge amount of time.  

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
Not sure if they were in fact originally books, but you know those movies with loads of different stories intertwining and usually including Alan Rickman, Emma Thompson and loads of other English actors. Well, those. 

Who or What inspired you to write this book?
As question 2. She's my beautician. 

What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
This short story with the same title was written from the POV of the main character.



I'm meant to tag some other authors, so far I only have three so I have spaces for more:
Eliza Green over at Eliza Loves Sci Fi
Chris Martinez at Dunno Where I'm Goin. Any Road'll Do
Sara Banerj


Please be sure to visit these lovely ladies. Their Next Big Thing blogs will be up next Wednesday, 24th October.

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed the short story ,I can just imagine what the book will be like.Hurry up and finish it !!!

    ReplyDelete